Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Feast Day of St Jude

Today is the feast day of St Jude Thaddeus,  San Judas Tadeo in Spanish. He is a very popular  wonder working saint venerated in the Catholic church.  When he was living flesh and bone,  St Jude was along the 12 disciples of Christ.  His cousin in fact.
St Jude remained an ever faithful follower of Christ and continued to preach after the crucifixion. He was eventually martyred and his remains removed to Rome.

Like many saints, St Jude has found himself involved in sorcerous activities outside the rules and regulations of the church. He is the patron saint of hopeless and desperate cases, which  is a fairly vague office. He can actually be petitioned for a variety of workings that may appeal to you.

Jude is good to petition for monetary matters, i.e. getting a job or increasing customer traffic. He can heal and prevent disease.  He can bless fertility.  Open roads. He's a versatile guy and VERY helpful.

His personality is very chill and easy to work with. He's a saint who can be worked with practically anybody. St Jude is very calm and focused and values the same in devotees. I recommend working him in specific tasks,  i.e. bring me $100 for rent. However,  that doesn't mean he can't be worked otherwise. There are definitely times you can leave general petitions and receive succor.

St Jude is one of my favorite saints to work with, he has a special place in my heart!

 To end this post, here are some correspondences for you guys to work with.  Enjoy!

Prayer


Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend  of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.

Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.

Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.  I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.  Amen.

Note that I don't include promises to spread his devotion in any of my prayers as I find it unnecessary.

Psalm 77 (the psalm of wonder working saints )

 I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.

2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

5 I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.

6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.

7 Will the Lord cast off for ever? and will he be favourable no more?

8 Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?

9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

10 And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.

11 I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.

12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

14 Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.

15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.

16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.

17 The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: thine arrows also went abroad.

18 The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.

19 Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known.

20 Thou leddest thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

Day: Thursday

Colors: green,  white,  gold

Plants: basil

Offices: wealth,  healing,  fertility/reproduction

St Jude Money Spell

Materials:
St Jude candle
St Jude oil,  money drawing oil,  Jupiter oil,  etc.
Rue
Cinnamon
basil
Your petition written on paper
Lodestone
magnetic sand
holy water (if you can get it from a church dedicated to him,  all the better)
Siete Machos
glass of water
st Jude icon or prayer card

Begin this working on a Thursday. The New moon and hours of Jupiter will greatly add to this novena.
Pray Our Father,  Hail Mary, and gory be. Prayer to St Jude.
Wash the candle in holy water to cleanse it. Then dress it oil and sprinkle the grounded up dust of the three herbs listed above into the candle.
Offer the glass of water to St Jude. Sprinkle holy water over the lodestone and wet it with Siete Machos. Place it front of the prayer card.
Light the candle and place it to the left of the water.  The Set up should look like this:

                Prayer card
                 Lodestone
      Candle.            Water

A triangle should be formed around the lodestone, which is resting on top of your petition.
Next, pray the 77th psalm and the 23rd psalm.  Finally,  speak aloud your petition and vow to pay St Jude appropriately (ie make a $5 donation to a church). Pour a little magnetic sand onto the lodestone.
Thank him for listening then close the session with the Sign of the cross. Every night for the next 6 nights, Pray to him and feed the lodestone as before. I
When he answers your prayer,  keep your vow.

No comments:

Post a Comment